The message "Remove and check cartridge" or "Remove and check color cartridge" means a cartridge could be defective.
Before replacing the cartridge, try these solutions:
Solution 1 : for some HP printers
- Chech the door at the back of the printer. It must be closed.
Solution 2: (for HP PSC 1503, 1504, 1507, 1508, 1510, 1510v, 1510xi, 1513 et 1514)
Solution 3: reset the printer:
- Power off the printer.
- Remove the power cable from the back of the printer.
- Wait for 2 minutes.
- Connect the power cable to the printer.
- Switch on.
- Remove the faulty cartridge.
- Power of the printer and close the door.
- Switch on the printer: the screen says you have to install a cartridge. Put it back.
- A faulty sensor can lead to this error.
- Slamming the door (not too strong !) can solve the problem