- First, search and download the Service Tool V1074.
- Turn off the printer
- Hold down the "stop/reset" and press the "power" button without release it.
- Release the "stop/reset".
- Press the "stop/reset" button six times and release the two buttons.
- The printer is now in service mode.
- Extract the Service tool and the file to open service tool page
- Find the "clear ink counter" section and click on the "main" button.
- Scroll down to find "ink absorber counter" on the left and to the right of that "counter value".
- Ink absorber counter box should read "main" and counter value reads "0".
- Click the set button to the right of the counter value box.
- The printer will now make some noise and will print a page of paper,.
- A message will tell you when the process has been completed.
- Click on the prompts.
- Turn the printer off wait a few seconds and turn it back.
- Unplug power and USB cable.
- Open door and hold power button.
- Connect power.
- Close door, then release power button.