This error indicate a printhead temperature rise error. In most cases, the printhead is defective. But try these solutions first:
- Power off the printer.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Power on.
- Remove the cartridges
- Remove the printhead
- Restart the printer
- Install the printhead and the cartridges
Solution 3 (for some Canon printers) (thanks to Pastmart):
- Turn off the printer .
- Press without release the Stop button.
- Press the On button and hold it.
- Release the Stop button.
- Press Stop button 5 times then release the two buttons.
- Led will blank and now reseting.
- Computer will detect new hardware: ignore it.
- Turn off the printer then turn it on.
Solution 4 (thanks to The Realist):
- Turn your printer off
Hold down the Reset button while pressing the On button.
- While still holding down the On button release the Reset button
- Press the Reset button twice.
- Release the On button, led will flash and 0 will appear in the window.
- Press the reset button 4 times and the On button twice.
- The printer will turn off.
- Turn on
- The printhead need to be replaced
- Or that's an electronic error