Error 6000 or P03 on Canon printers


That is a line feed error. It also should be flashing 3 times for this error on the on/off button.


Solution 1:
  • Verify that the paper tray is correctly set.
  • If any object is placed in front of the machine, remove it.

Solution 2:
  • Search for any small pieces of paper in the printer, or a tiny object.

Solution 3:
  • Power off the printer
  • Wait 30 seconds
  • Power on.

Solution 4: one of these parts could be faulty:
  • Timing sensor unit QM2-2683
  • Timing slit disk film QC1-6229
  • Feed roller ass'y QL2-0925
  • Platten unit QM2-2923
  • Logic board ass'y QM2-3078
  • Paper feed motor QK1-1502

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank's it works for me, a piece of paper jam on timing slit disk film

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. When I opened it to look for a piece of paper stuck inside, I noticed grease on the timing slit disk film. I cleaned it and all is OK.

Katrina Joy Dominguez said...

my printer is not printing.. every time I turn it on it has a loud sound came from some where.. i checked it if it has piece of paper but none... Please help me

Anonymous said...

Great advise! We had two elastics jammed down in there and when we surgically removed them the printer worked again! Thanks!

Michelle Williams BMT, CA said...

Thank you, my book was hanging over the edge and the shelf couldn't open. SO EZ! Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Worked, some pieces of paper jammed somehow and stuck half under the paperfeeder.

Anonymous said...

I got the 6000 error over and over but could find nothing.
What solved it ?
The door had not been opening automatically, I opened the front paper door manually and the error was gone and printing.