If you have any other solution, you can try to clean the printhead in order to solve your printing problem (message error or misprinting).
It concerns inkjet printhead from Canon and some from Epson, Lexmark, Brother...
Cleaning an inkjet printhead:
- Remove the printhead from the printer.
- Put it in a dish filled with distilled water. Wait for a night.
- Be careful not to wet electronic components, only the nozzles:
On this picture, the part to put in water is circled in red
Here, circled in blue, the part you must not wet
- The next day, dry the prinhead thoroughly with a hairdryer.
- Then install it in the printer.
If the problem persist, the printhead is defective.