Canon Service Tool V3400 allow you to reset the printer waste ink counter.
It solves the message "waste ink tank full" or leds orange et green blinking 8 times on these Canon printers:
- Canon Pixma iP2700, iP4800, iP4810, iP4840, iP4900, iP4910, iP4940, iP4970, iP4980, iP4990, iP5810, iP5880
- Canon Pixma MP230, MP270, MP280, MP490
- Canon Pixma IX6500, IX6510
- Canon Pixma IP3600
- Canon Pixma PRO9000
- Canon Pixma MG2120. MG2140, MG2240, MG3140, MG4140, MG5140, MG5240, MG5340, MG6140, MG6240, MG8140, MG8240
Where to find the Service Tool V3400 ?
Here is a paying version:
- V3400 Canon Service Tool for all iPxxxx series, iX series, MGxxxx series, MP series printers maintenance and reset.
How to use Service Tool V3400 ?
- Unzip the file.
- Set the printer in Service Mode:
- Connect the printer with USB cable to the PC.
- Press and hold Resume button (red triangle in the red circle) and press Power button
- Hold both buttons until power on indicator will light then release Resume button (dont release Power button) and press Resume button 5 times
- Release all buttons (the printer will blink few times with green light and will then light green constantly).
- Run the Service Tool V3400.exe program.
- Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
- In the Ink Absorber Counter section of the Service Tool, select MAIN from the Absorber pull-down menu.
- From the Counter Value (%) pull-down menu, select the value (in 10% increments) which is the closest to the actual counter value confirmed before replacement of the logic board, and click SET.
- Error 002
- Error 006