You can have error code 5,156,61 on these Canon printers: MG2100, MG2120, MG2150, MG6250, MX375, MX360, MP495, MP230 etc...
It usually concerns the scanner: "Code:5,156,61 Cannot scan for these reasons: -Scanner is turned off.-USB cable is disconnected"
Solution 1: check USB connection
- Try another USB port on the PC
- If USB cable is connected to an USB Hub: connect diretly the cable to the PC.
- Try another USB cable
- Sometimes, an antivirus or the firewall of Windows can block the use of Canon software.
- Check this point by disabling them temporarily.
- Reinstall the drivers of the printer