The LCD touchscreen display is very light, blank, unreadable or broken...
- Unplug the power cable from the printer and the wall.
- Wait 10 minutes.
- Plug the printer back in directly to a wall outlet.
Solution 2: (for a blank screen)
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait for 2 minutes
- Plug in the power cord and power on the printer
- Wait for the printer to enter ready mode
- Download and install the latest Firmware from HP.com for your model:
Solution 4: you have to replace the Display Control Panel.
- For HP Officejet 8600 series, the part number of the Display Control Panel is CM749-60021:
- For HP Officejet 8500, 8500a series, the part number of the Display Control Panel is CM758-60006: