Display panel problems on HP Officejet 8600 printers

The LCD touchscreen display is very light, blank, unreadable or broken...

Solution 1:
  • Unplug the power cable from the printer and the wall.
  • Wait 10 minutes.
  • Plug the printer back in directly to a wall outlet.

Solution 2: (for a blank screen)

Solution 3:

Solution 4: you have to replace the Display Control Panel.

  • For HP Officejet 8600 series, the part number of the Display Control Panel is  CM749-60021:

  • For HP Officejet 8500, 8500a series, the part number of the Display Control Panel is  CM758-60006:


Anonymous said...

I also had the problem with a blank, bright display.
Actually I fixed it by changing a SMD-condenser on the display backplane.
Unfortunately i can't post a photo.

herby said...

I have same problems with a HP Photosmart 309 a All in one printer

Please post or send me yours solution.
I will check if I can do same on my printer.

Anonymous said...

I am experiencing this issue; solutions 1-3 were not successful so have ordered and received replacement part. No replacement/installation instructions were included. Any guidance from other users appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Please, where did you buy the replacement part? Thk you

Anonymous said...

My Officejet Pro 8600 control panel is wider than the picture shown above-HP lists the P/N as CM749-60085

Karel said...

I had the same problem with LCD as wrote Anonymous user (March 9, 2015). After resoldering the smd capacitors on the control board near the connector into LCD the display is OK. Maybe there was only a "cold connection".