When you have error code 5400, the printer Canon flashes orange/green 6 times. This means there is an anormal internal temperature.
Solution 1 ( from Canon support):
- Cancel printing and power off the device.
- Power on the device.
- If the problem persist, contact the Service Center.
- Remove cartridges.
- Remove the printhead.
- Powr off and unplug the printer for an hour.
- Plug in and switch on the printer.
- Install the printhead and cartridges.
- A part is defective, it could be:
- The carriage unit
- The main board
- The printhead