Solutions for resetting Image Unit, Fuser, Transfer Roll, MP Pick-up, Tray 1 Pick-up
Enter Test mode. The following tasks must be completed within 10 seconds or the printer will default to the Ready mode:
- Turn printer off.
- Press and hold “ONLINE and “CANCEL” keys while simultanously turning on the printer.
- When the message “Download Mode/Press Online Key” is displayed immediately press and hold the “MENU” key for one second.
- Wait for 1 second.
- Press and hold the “ENTER” key for one second.
- Wait for “Select Test Mode/EDC Mode” to be displayed. This will occur within 5 seconds or the printer will default to the Ready mode.
Enter the EDC mode.
- Press "Enter" key to access EDC mode.
- "Press access key" is displayed. It is the "Cancel" key. Press it.
- "EDC Mode/Motor Test" is displayed.
- Press the “Forward Arrow” key until the message "EDC Mode/Maintenance" is displayed.
- Press the "Enter" key to access the various maintenance parameters.
- To step through the following components: "image unit", "fuser", "transfer roll", "MP pich-up", "Tray 1 pick-up" Press the "Forward Arrow" key.
- Select the component you wish to reset and press "Enter".
- The displayed component will "Initialize" resetting the count to 0.
- When the component initialization is complete "xxx Initialized" will be displayed.
Return to the Ready mode by turning the printer off, and then back on.