- Power off the printer;
- Wait 5 minutes
- Power on.
- Connect the printer's power cord directly into a grounded wall outlet. A surge protector or uninterruptible power supply (UPS) can generate false error messages.
- Turn off the printer.
- Take off the back cover.
- It turn out there is an IDE like cable that come out over the top edge of the motherboard. It is plugged into a receptacle that is also near the top of the edge of the motherboard.
- Pull out the cable and re-insert it into its receptacle.
- Also move the metal clip (already on the cable) over the receptacle.
- Fire back up the printer and after a longish calibrating and setup period it will print out several reports and test pages just fine.
- Contact Lexmark Technical Support