Error 5011 is a scanner error. It occurs on these models: MP480, MP490, MX340, MX320, MX350, MP540, MP620, MP550, MP560, MP600, MP610, MP630, MP800, MP810, MP830, MP970, MP980, MG2100, MG3100, MG4100, MG5100
- Unplug power supply
- Wait 5 minutes
- Plug back in.
- Turn the printer off
- Open cover as if you want to change an ink cartridge.
- Turn power on and close cover while initializing
- Power off the printer
- Press and hold power+cancel simultaneously
- Hold on the power button and release cancel
- Press cancel button 4 times,
- Release both.
- Check for no pieces of paper, no littles objetcs inside the printer.
- Carefully clean the encoder strip.
- It's located behind the carriage that runs all the way from right to left
- Replace the scanner unit