The printer is permanently flashing (all 3 LEDs).
Message "fatal internal error" with the error code 980
- Error 980 means that the error by media clinging to the fuser and the fuser is required to be replaced.
- Take out the Fuser and lay the two blue levers flat and remove them.
- Remove the two silver screws and separate the casing.
- Remove the two black screws from the connector at the bottom of the fuser closest to the edge.
- Unravel and loosen the wires so you can pull that connector out a few inches so you can get a couple of wires in there.
- Insert a wire into each of the two holes on the back of that connector. 2 and 3 have wires going in, 4 and 5 dont which is the fuse. After you get the wires in the 2 holes, check for continuity from the end of the wires and the terminals if you can. Make sure the wires are long enough to hang out the case. Use the thinnest wires you can find.
- Run the wires out of the case and put the case back together and put the fuser in. Twist the two wires together and power up the machine. As soon as you here the first motor, which is about 5 seconds, pull the wires apart, you just reset the fuser back to 100% and cleared the "980" Fatal Error.