Appears on HP printers 7310, 7310xi, 7410...
- If you have iTunes, it could create a conflict with HP Software and generate this error 0X887df78e.
- In some case, if you switch the printer from a network connection to a USB connection to the Windows 7 PC, the error is gone even when you start iTunes.
- Install patch from HP to solve the issue.
- Plug directly into the wall .
Remove the print cartridges.
- Unplug the printer.
- Take a soft cloth apply distilled white vinegar, and clean the print head contacts inside the printer where the printer cartridge makes contact. Wipe completely dry with another soft cloth or different section.
- Leave the printer cartridges out and let the printer sit for 10 minutes to dry.
With the printer cartridges still out, unplug any other cables to it such as network, phone, or USB.
- Wait 30 seconds, plug in power, let it boot up.
- You should have an error that says "Insert print cartridges", then unplug.
- Repeat 2 more times. Then plug in power and wait for it to boot, then plug in the rest of the cables.
- Put the printer cartridges in and print a test page.
- Press Setup, 2, 5. to print a sheet with good alignment and colors showing up properly.