Fixing error code oxc18a0206 on HP printers


This error appears on these printers: C7180, C7280,  C5180, C6150, Photosmart 3310, etc...

Solution 1:
  • Press * and # at the same time
  • Press 1, 2, 3 and “support R0632M” should display
  • Press > and “information menu” should display
  • Press > and “configuration menu” should display
  • Press OK and “hardware failure status” should display
  • Press OK “failure status: clear”. Press OK to clear
  • Press CANCEL
  • Press CANCEL
  • Press CANCEL
  • Turn printer off, unplug power cord for 2 minutes, plug cord back in then turn printer back on.

Solution 2:


  • Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
  • Remove the cartridges from the product.
  • Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges' message to display on the control panel.
  • Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
  • Wait 60 seconds.
  • Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
  • Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
  • If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
  • Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.

9 comments:

Jazz said...

I have had the same error code appear on my 3600 but I though it was to do with not using original hp cartridges, I bought some compatible ones as they are cheaper and leter found that this is not the case.

Anonymous said...

Finally!! I was about to give up. It seemed like I tried everything I found 3 times. Each time I found instructions to fix this they appeared the same but each one had a little tweak. (1 said press it, 1 said press and hold). This page finally fixed it. Thank you!

joshua flores said...

I try this but it still shows the error, what I can do?

Anonymous said...

THX

Anonymous said...

Thanks, worked first time

Anonymous said...

I have tried all, bought new cartridges, says replace the darker blue and maroon. They are new! Man, this is frustrating. I will have to say that I didn't use it for a year, my mom got sick, and I was advised at Staples not to try to use old ink, it was probably caked up,etc, so got news ones.

Anonymous said...

Ernie said... Our son bought this printer new, unopened, never used and it was correct. $25.00 at a garage sale from a friend. Brought home, had to buy all new printer cartridges and then we had the error code. After many tries and no help from the manual, I searched the problem, came across your site and low and behold, your solution 1 fixed the error issue. Many thanks to you and now we have a "new" used printer that works great.

Anonymous said...

Fixed the problem. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thanks..Up and running!