A. Entering into service mode
- Turn off the printer off is the printer power on. And remove the printer USB cable from your computer..
- While the printer is OFF, press and hold the Start/Stop button on the some other canon printers model press Resume/Cancel button.
- While still holding Start/Stop button or Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the POWER button.
- When the POWER LED (green light) lit, release the Start/Stop or resume/cancel button (still holding the POWER button).
- Still holding the power button, Press the Start/Stop button or resume/cancel button TWICE then Release the POWER button. Wait until LCD printer to display 0 (zero) number
- After the display is 0, attach the printer UDB cable to your computer, its will detected new device installed (its normal), now go to resetting steps
- Run “service_tool 1050.exe”. you can download the service tool software from this link: ServiceTool_1050.zip
- Confirm detected USB-port numbers on USB port column.
- Click “Main button” on Clear ink counter section. Make sure there are papers in the paper feed because the printer will print after the process is complete.
- Click “platen button” on the “Clear ink counter” section. The printer will print again.
- Turn off the printer and then turn the printer on.
This work too with: MP258, MP276, MP496, MP558, MP568, and MP648