You get a message like "Waste tank full" or "Ink absorber full". A green and an orange LED blink alternately seven times (that´s 14 times in total). The driver shows a message like "Error code 5B00" and an advice to call the Service-Center.
Download "Service Mode Tool Version 1.050" on the internet: this software allows you to reset the internal counter to "0". To apply this software you have to put the printer in service mode:
- Switch off the printer
- Push and hold the "Resume" button
- Push and hold the "Power" button
- Hold both buttons for about five seconds
- Let go of the "Resume" button
- Press the "Resume" button twice
- Let go of the "Power" butto
- When the green LED stops blinking and lights continuously the printer is in service mode.
- Install the programm.
- To reset the counter to zero level (D=000.0) go to "SET CLEAR WASTE INK" and click "MAIN", then choose "0" in the window to the right.
Click the next window with the two questionmarks (??)
- To leave service mode switch off the printer and switch it on again.
This solution works with:
- Canon Pixma iP3600, iP4600, iP4700
- Canon Pixma MP540, MP550, MP560, MP620, MP630, MP640, MP980, MP990
- Canon Pixma MX860, MX870