This error message "Service Req E527" means that the toner carousel housing the toner cartridges is obstructed, or is unable to rotate correctly. It can be caused by installing a toner cartridge incorrectly.
- Check that the toner cartridge at the front of the printer is installed correctly.
Solution 2: Manualy remove all of the toner cartridges.
- Close all the covers, and then power the printer off.
- Open Cover B, and then remove the photoconductor unit (PCU).
- Turn the toner carousel by hand to line up a toner cartridge with the front of the printer.
- Open Cover A.
- If the toner cartridge is not in position to remove it, close Cover A and repeat the steps above.
- Remove the toner cartridge, and then close Cover A.
- Repeat all the steps above until you have removed all four toner cartridges.
- Reinstall the PCU.
- Close all the covers, and then power on the printer.
- Open Cover A and Cover B.
- Check thoroughly for any jammed paper, foreign objects or damaged parts.
- If you can locate an obstruction, remove it. Then, close all the covers and restart the printer again.
- If you can identify any damaged parts, there is an obstruction you cannot remove, or there is no change after restarting the printer, then contact Epson for further advice.
- Reinstall the toner cartridges (Follow the prompts on the LCD display), and then test the printer.