- Switch the printer OFF
- Press buttons 1 + 2 + 3 and 4 (simultaneously using four fingers)
- Keep pressing this four buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the On/Off button (number 4) (Keeping pressing the others)
- After a few seconds (when the printer go ON), release buttons 1, 2, 3
Solution 2 (Thanks to Dick):
- I discovered that the head was blocked from moving all the way to the right by a white nylon lever and discovered that there was a thin, small pad that had come loose and was blocking the mechanism to activate the head motion.
- One pad was about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and a second was a narrow 3/32 x 1/2 inch pad both about 1/16 thick.
- I removed these pads and the printer returned to normal.