Here are some solutions to solve error code 6A80 on Canon printers: MP520, MP540, MP620, MP550, MP560, MP600, MP610, MP630, MP800, MP810, MP830, MP970, MP980, MG5100, MP640, MP990, MG5200, MG5300, MG6100, MG6200, MG8100, MG8200
- Switch the printer OFF
- Press buttons 1 + 2 + 3 and 4 (simultaneously using four fingers)
- Keep pressing this four buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the On/Off button (number 4) (Keeping pressing the others)
- After a few seconds (when the printer go ON), release buttons 1, 2, 3
Solution 2 (Thanks to Dick):
- I discovered that the head was blocked from moving all the way to the right by a white nylon lever and discovered that there was a thin, small pad that had come loose and was blocking the mechanism to activate the head motion.
- One pad was about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch and a second was a narrow 3/32 x 1/2 inch pad both about 1/16 thick.
- I removed these pads and the printer returned to normal.
Solution 3 (thanks to anonym):
- Cleaning two small sponges on the right in the printer with paper tissue. (The head sits over them when not in work).
- And pushed them a bit down
Solution 4 (Thanks to Printer Mayhem):
- If the printhead is stuck on the right side.
- Cut a flat stiff piece of plastic from a fruit container, about inch wide by four inches long.
- Slid it under the print head and moved it forward and then to the back a few times.
- Restart the printer.
Solution 5 (Thanks to Krilf):
- Switch on the printer
- Open the cover
- Move ahead and back a 2cm x 2cm white item: black rubber item before that white item needs to press down with something like a pencil and this white thing can move.
- Press the black item down as many times the inks let you do this (do not press to hard)