Error Code 6502 appears generally after changing a cartridge.
- Unplug the printer.
- Remove the faulty Cartridge
- Plug in the printer and press and hold power button
- Keep it held down. Press Resume twice, and this should reset the fault.
- The last cartridge installed may be faulty.
- Install a new cartridge
- When error is indicated, turn power switch off so green light is extinguished.
- Hold down resume button and hold down power button so both are held down at same time
- When green light comes on, continue holding down power button and let resume button go, then press resume button twice.
- Let power button go.
- Press resume button four times, power button should be released before doing this.
- Wait until printer settles down, if power is off, turn on. If power will not come on, remove power cord from back of printer, then wait 15 seconds before plugging back in again and turn power on.
Solution 4 (thanks to Anniina for the tip !):
- Unplug the power cord.
- Remove all ink cartridges.
- Plug cord back in and turn the printer on.
- Replace all ink cartridges.
- Lift the bottom part of the door (open)
- When the cartridge carriage comes to the center, remove all cartridges
- turn off the power
- Turn on the power
- After the printer initialized, the cartridge carriage will come to the center again
- Replace the cartridges
- Close door
- Sometimes a waste ink pad reset solves the problem